Collaboratively, and in support of our mission to restore the Brandywine River, we strive to support and empower Brandywine area communities through engagement, equitable opportunities, paid internships, education, outreach projects, and by providing a cleaner and safer Brandywine River.
Our community engagement and outreach program is designed to promote a lifelong relationship between area residents, Delaware’s outdoors, and the Brandywine River, with a special focus on children and underserved communities.
Goals & Objectives
- Improve equitable access to the river for recreation and educational use
- Involve area residents in research and conservation as stakeholders who contribute to local conservation management plans
- Provide children and families in underserved communities with equitable opportunities
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the importance of river health and ecosystem balance by eliminating and modifying fish barriers
- Work collaboratively with residents as stakeholders who contribute to local conservation management plans